Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nerd Nite Was So Rad!

Thanks to everyone who made it out for the packed house at Nerd Nite last night--I had a blast giving my talk, "Steers, Queers and Sex Toys." If you missed it, you can check out my slides here.

Because I love nerds, I armwrestled both Babeland and into giving me a discount code for Nerd Nite attendees. So if you were inspired to replace that old, crappy, phthalate-leaching dildo with something new and fabulous, check out Babeland and snd I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. (Babeland code: TEXAS, 10% off).

The questions I got afterwards were so great, including someone who had been an animal science major in college and explained what all the parts of the Electronic Bull Ejaculator (!) can do. Someone from Deviant Leather even came up to me and offered to get the Njoy Pure Plug for me at wholesale! Nerds are so nice!

I was called out as not being nerdy enough by someone who asked about the chemical nature of phthalates, a question I couldn't answer. But I did some homework, and the chemical structure is below. Don't ask me to explain what it means, but I do know a double bond when I see one.
And because I'm fair 'n balanced, here's the information on phthalates from the American Chemistry Council, the hilariously biased industry group.

I'd be happy to answer questions and help you find what you're looking for if you DM me on Twitter at @missjuliesunday.

Thanks again to everyone who came!

(zing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment